Sunday, June 20, 2010

We love our Fathers!

Happy Father's Day to our wonderful dads...

From Cameron:
Dad,
I just wanted to let you know how much I love, respect, and appreciate you. You have been the best Dad anyone could ask for. I hope when I have my own children that I can be the type of father to them that you have been to the brothers and me. I wish I could spend this day with you but I'm kinda far away so I hope this note will do. I miss you and look forward to seeing you when I get back home.

Love,
Cameron

From Jessie:

Padre!
Isn't it funny that Em and I called you that before either one of us knew any Spanish? Haha.. anyway I just wanted to tell you how much I love you and am proud to be your daughter. I know that without your love and guidance my life would be so totally different. I would probably not know the Lord as intently or rely on him as much as I do if it had not been for your example. I can say with confidence that I certainly would not be taking this leap of faith and leaving the safety and comfort of our home had it not been for your example to teach me how to trust Him with everything. I am forever grateful for that, Dad. I always know where to look when I'm needing guidance. Together with Mom you taught me to pray, read the Word, and talk it out no matter what the issue. I smile thinking of all those times- even though I wasn't smiling about it then. I hope this Father's Day finds you well and that maybe you got to pick the restaurant for after church! If I know you it was probably Shanghai or El Nopal! I love you so much Padre, thanks for helping shape me into the person I am.

Always,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment