Sunday, June 20, 2010

Domingo (Sunday)

(Jessie Writing)
Because it's Sunday there are no meals served by our host family... so that allowed us to get out today and try the cuisine in the restaurants! We actually got a head start last night by coming to a place called Rainbow Cafe for dessert after dinner at home. We split a chocolate brownie and ice cream and it was divine. There was some live music so we stayed for awhile and played cards and relaxed. At one point, Cameron and I looked at each other and said how cool it was.. sitting in a cafe in Antigua, listening to live music, all in a place that could be from a scene in the movies. We feel so blessed to be getting this opportunity to travel and learn in this environment.

This mid-morning we went to another cafe for brunch. Cameron had a ham and cheese omelette and a strawberry smoothie. I had a panini with ham, cheese, arugula, and sun-dried tomatoes (are you jealous?? You should be!) I also had a wild berry smoothie. Needless to say, we enjoyed our brunch!


(Cameron Writing)
Right now we're watching Brazil vs. Ivory Coast in some World Cup action. I (Cameron) am hoping to stop by a sports bar this afternoon to watch some of the final round of the US Open.

I think it's safe to say that we're both very ready to start classes. We've enjoyed being in the city with no real schedule for the past few days but we're ready for the classes to take up some of our time.

We both wish we could be in two places at one right now. Jessie and I have been to a week of church camp every year since we met. (Actually, I figured it up and I haven't missed a summer since I was 5.) The Hillview group, along with several other churches are collaborating on the jr. high week which begins today. I can't help but think about the cool things that are going to go on during the week. I'm sure the Lord is going to use the week to change some lives. We wish all of the people going the very best time!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Cameron...the pictures are so professional! They look like postcards. Love hearing from you both. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At some point head to Pollo Campero... :)

    ReplyDelete